Thursday, March 29, 2012

What is life and you are making one already?

How long do you plan to live for? What will you plan to achieve in your life time,its all about the ''plan plan plan''. Are you a good planner? Your plan does work or close to it? Or you suffer a lot of regretness and disappointment after those epic failure.

I was not sure if thats a good thing when my boss asked us to fill the EPF form, a plan of saving. For a person like me who never have any idea about old, was actually being asked to cut my 10 % of my incomes for the retire plan. It does not make sense to me,perhaps to others. I know there is a lot of people outside who always say that we need those saving plan from government for better retire plan. I always plant a thinking that, I make good earning and who care about the damn cliche saving plan. I had a chat with my daughter,ah girl.Lol well, she was only 5 years younger than me,but I always feel like a dad to her, I bet she is feeling the same too. She always say that'' you are so old'', well of course in term of mental not physical. Something is right about her words that if we slightly change the perspective of seeing the old days, perhaps we will not feel so much depress of the OLD.




When I was young, I was given instant noodles and each and everytimes I will hide those noodles packs inside a drawer. Until I grew elder, the thing was no longer an expsensive one for me. It became unvalueable to me. Sometimes I do have wonder and looking forward to chase something small,but it makes life much easier.




The daughter, not so young right.



Sometimes I do have conflictions, if I am a hopeful or a hopeless one? Like giving so much expectation toward life, but at the same time I am not looking forward the old plan. The feeling of getting old never become less easier for me. Or do you have the same feeling as me too? It's simply because we are type of ''Live good die young''person. The conversation with her made me recalled a novel that I once studied. It is about a story of a guy who worked in a bank until the age of 30, he kept complaining that his life is boring and decided to retire in young age and brought all his money to buy a cottage in an island and decided to have a ''happily ever after'' life there,which he expected that will be a great life. Until the old days, he finished all his money and need to stole things and made a harsh living. The old days of him does not go as his plan to be peaceful, at last he was found dead outside his comfort cottage. The lesson of the story really inspires us a lot, we always not satisfied of our living,trying to make a quality life but in fact we are actually making one already. Thats what the chinese we always said ''身在福中不知福'' which means that we always do not realize what we are having. We are living in a world full of stresses, but if we do not have the stresses,We simply will not enjoy much the satisfactions of life goals that we are working for.



An art by Shintaro Kago,saying the world is cruel.

For what I have seen, no matter how much we plan, we may not get what we are planing but we get through the process. There is a chinese saying‘重要的不是成績在於過程’,means that the most important matter is not the result but the process. Well again, I use cliche to describe the saying but yet it is so true. You plan to be an millionaire, and you work so hard for it,but in the end you do not gain as you wish. Fail to be a millionaire, but you get the pure satisfaction, by knowing how hard the process,meet so many kinds of people,comfront with obstacles. You may not get the money, but you get a long diary to write in your old days. A friend said that this world only got one Bill Gate, and there is 13 billions people. yes I agreed to the fact that we simply cant be another Bill Gate but you can definitely work to become closer one. I think, that may make me looking forward for my old days, to have more story to tell, not about the achievements but the process. Yeah, I believe when you have the positive thinking you will produce positive life. The quality of life does not judge by your achievements but your process.

No comments:

Post a Comment